Thursday, June 4, 2009

New Challenges.

Often times things in life do not go as we had planned. It is up to us how we perceive the obstacles in our paths. We can give them a much larger meaning, by getting very upset, and letting it take over a large portion of our time. We can spend a great deal of energy worrying over the event. Or we can choose to just accept the things that happen in stride and let it go.

No matter what you do, you cannot prevent those things from happening. The only thing that is within your grasp, is how you choose to handle it. And remember that the little people are watching you. They look to us, to see how they should react when things go bad. So if I yell and scream and lose my temper. There is a good chance that they too will do the same.

Here is our latest challenge. The wallpaper in our (rented) apartment keeps mysteriously disappearing. {When taking this photo, Alexa says to me "Mommy, it looks like a penguin!" and well yeah, I can kind of see that!}


Here is a spot in the living room.


And this is in the dining room.


Here is the culprit.

For more A Thousand Word Thursday posts, please head over to see Jen at Cheaper Than Therapy.


Cheaper Than Therapy

13 comments:

Suzy said...

Uh Oh!

Amy Clary said...

OH! He was busy, huh?
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Alicia W. said...

Oh hell! I didn't know it was that bad till you posted this. Uh oh!

I'm sorry but I totally laughed when you said it looked like a penguin. LOL

Sorry - I know you must be so frustrated.

Marla said...

thanks for stopping by for ATWT... and i love your outlook - accept it and move on :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

OMG why does he do that? Does he have anything to say about it?
Here is what I see:
1)Angry snowman with stocking cap
2)Knocked down snowman (can't have angry snowmen)
3)Butterfly

Valerie said...

lol Children are wonderful. lol

You are right about how they will react though. I would let the little things bother me way too much. Until I grew up and realized it wasn't worth it. They do watch every thing we do.

Valerie said...

Well I forgot what I stopped by for. lol I wanted to welcome you to SITS!!!

So welcome!!

Dee said...

OH NO!!!

Suburban Hooker said...

Oh, so sorry you have a paper puller. Hope you get the theif taken care of....it is kinda funny though!!

Michelle J said...

LOL! He is right it does kind of look like a penguin. Thanks for sharing ;)

Happy ATWT!

Sybila said...

Let that baby pull off that wallpaper if he wants to.
I can't even begin to tell you all the little cute tricks you did when you were his age.
Love ya;
Mom

Aubrey said...

LOL

Oh NO!

But a cute little culprit!!

Coming by from SITS with a big HELLO!

DiPaola Momma said...

Came by (late, that's my thing) from the SITS Welcomistas to welcome you.. I see now that maybe I should have brought along a bottle of VODKA! Lord woman, is he eating it?! Maybe you need to get him a hobby? OR maybe this is a sign of his budding artisitc tallent, the deconstructionist movement has begun? Stop by my blog, you're my kind of mommy!