Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I still remember what I was doing.

I was driving to work at The Falls of Pembroke apartment complex. (a 3 minute drive since we lived on the complex) and I heard the news on the radio. I immediately called my husband to tell him to turn on the t.v. When I got into the clubhouse, I quickly tuned in our TV to a news program. I also forcefully broke up the small chat that was going on and alerted everyone to the situation at hand. I will never forget this day, like so many others, it is etched in our hearts forever.

So today it is 6 years later, but only seems like a blink in time. The memories are vivid. I spoke to my father-in-law that day. (He lives in Brooklyn, NY) and I spoke to my other family members as well. I also rented an apartment too. I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to see an apartment when all of this was happening. After work when I got home, we watched TV all night long. I hated seeing the images, but I couldn't tear myself away. It was all so sad. And for the people that actually lived through this nightmare, they are the lucky ones. Although the memories will burn with them every day for the rest of their lives. I hope that they all have healed, or are still healing. My heart goes out to each and every one of them. The survivors, and the familes who lost loved ones on that day.

I would also like to say a very heart felt thanks to all of the men and women who served our country before and in the days since September 11. You guys are awesome, thank you!!

post signature

0 comments: